“The apostles said to the Lord, “Increase our faith!”’ (Luke 17:5) That was the apostle’s cry. And that is ours as well. The first two years of Missional Living is now in the review mirror. Looking back, we can see God’s faithfulness and His loyal love. It’s been a wild ride, holding on and trusting the Lord. Not that we didn’t trust Him before but were given new experiences and opportunities through prayer and genuine faith, to rely on Him and not our own strengths.
As a leadership team, we are stepping out in faith to trust Him for our next staff member. Missional Living is looking for someone with the gifts, skills, passion, and experience to take our ministry to the next level. No questions, this is an important decision. For the right candidate, this position has the potential to lead to greater responsibility in the future. If you are interested or know of someone who is interested in taking that next step of faith, have them contact us.
Missional Living has an exceptional opportunity for a Development Coordinator to work in the Knoxville, Tennessee area to continue to develop their giftedness and skills and grow as a leader with a young nonprofit.
Missional Living provides supportive services to Christian missionaries on home assignment (furlough) in the U.S. and leadership development through coaching and training as they serve faithfully throughout the world. To help meet challenges they face when returning to the U.S. we offer economical transportation, provide or assist missionaries in finding low-cost housing, and offer coaching and mentoring services in the U.S. and abroad.
The Development Coordinator position will:
• Coordinate fundraising events and activities from start to finish
• Assist in helping Missional Living (ML) in the development of fundraising goals and works to meet these goals
• Identify and solicit new donors; takes initiative to negotiate funding
• Assist in writing grant proposals and developing gift opportunities
• Develop and track grants and proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
• Take responsibility for various fundraising efforts such as product sales (donated furniture), procuring items for sale in auctions and soliciting donations in the form of money or gifts
• Work with a team to advertise and market fundraising events through the use of printed media, media advertisements, social media websites, and the ML website
• Assist with creating budgets based upon anticipated fundraising results
• Keep track of all charitable gifts using ML’s CRM database
• Develop and maintains ongoing relationships with major donors
• Create and execute a strategy for a large, sustained base of recurring donors
• Organize capital campaign strategy and execution, setting communication and funding goals
• Develop marketing materials and plan events to generate funding
• Recruit, schedule, and ensure a positive experience for volunteers
• Coordinate identification and relationship building with key donors and groups
• Build a volunteer base to assist with ML activities related to fundraising
• Collaborate with the Executive Director writing end of the calendar year donation letter and sending end of the calendar year contribution statements
• Collaborate with staff the writing and distribution of the Annual Report
The Successful Development Coordinator will have:
• Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
• Experience in planning, leading, and managing development projects, including coordinating with peers to achieve desired outcomes, and tracking and reporting on progress to the ED and board of directors
• Initiative and actively seeks to deepen current donor relationships and to forge new ones
• Skills in creating powerful, compelling written and oral communications for fundraising
• Ability to convey complex ideas through brief, simple materials and experience when presenting materials to external audiences
• The ability to work with others to reach common goals and objectives
• The ability to negotiate with donors and persuade individuals to provide items or funds for a particular cause
• The ability to work well with limited or direct supervision
• Knowledge of CRM software and Microsoft Office 365
• Knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other relevant social media platforms
Candidates should recognize that Missional Living is a Christian ministry and agree to support our mission to glorify God through the support and care of Christian missionaries by providing transitional housing, transportation, coaching and training in the United States and abroad.
For consideration, please send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Marty Thompson: firstname.lastname@example.org